B-Secur is looking for a driven talented DSP/Algorithm Engineer to join its growing team and help develop our latest biometric technology that is being used across a range of industries.
The suitable person will have a third level education with at least 2 years’ experience of signal processing and algorithm design in an industrial/academic background and a demonstrated ability to complete tasks quickly and without supervision. They will possess excellent inter-personal skills and be a self-starter.
This role is part of B-Secur's Algorithm Research Team and will support the scientific functions of the company including Algorithm Research & Development. The role will involve occasional travel to support the needs of the business.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Qualifications - Relevant qualification in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or a related field
- DSP - Expertise in digital signal processing is essential
- Experience - Experience implementing filter and algorithm designs using MATLAB is essential
- Management - Knowledge of project management is desirable
- Communication - Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong Work Ethic - Tenacious and hard-working; a team player with a flexible attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done.
On a weekly basis you will:
- Develop, configure, document, and troubleshoot complex algorithms
- Perform data analysis, algorithm design, validation, and performance evaluation
- Developing algorithms primarily in MATLAB, knowledge of Python, C and C++ desirable
- Liaise and provide guidance to other development teams in the B-Secur organisation
This is an exciting opportunity with plenty of scope over time for the right candidate to take on additional responsibilities across B-Secur.
The B-Secur team are based in Belfast however it may be necessary for the Algorithm Engineer to visit other locations.