B-Secur is looking for a talented, driven Senior Android Developer to join its growing software team.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is ready for a new challenge and experience the growth of mobile development.
This dynamic role will evolve with the person and will involve the following key responsibilities:
- Build, support and maintain HeartKey® android applications;
- Ongoing research and development to future projects as well as ways to improve current projects;
- Mentor and support junior members of the team;
- Lead possible future projects.
Essential Criteria and Skills
- Minimum 4 years experience in developing mobile applications from start to finish;
- Third level qualification in Computer Science or related discipline;
- Proficient in Java and/or Kotlin;
- Experience with design patterns such as MVVM or MVC;
- Experience delivering unit tested, production standard code;
- Capability to work with a high degree of autonomy and accountability;
- Focused work ethic;
- Able to work well in an agile environment;
- An aptitude for problem-solving, the ability to think on your feet, and action solutions;
- Initiative: Ability to work un-supervised, self motivated and committed to task completion;
- Excellent communication: clear, concise written and verbal communication with strong inter-personal skills;
- Continuous improvement: Ability and desire to learn, develop and improve your own work.
- Experience with Android Wear/Wear OS;
- Exposure to Android Jetpack, Room, compose etc;
- Experience working with sensors within Android;
- Previous java back end experience is an advantage.
What can B-Secur offer you?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business as we further our mission to revolutionise the way people experience technology in the connected world, every day, by using their unique heartbeat. To find out more about the life at B-Secur, take a read of our latest interviews to meet the people behind the brand.
As well as a competitive remuneration package with enhanced benefits, we offer:
- A fun, relaxed, and collaborative environment, working in a company built on honesty that has flexible hours;
- Joining a growing company that's evolving all the time, giving you the opportunity to test yourself and your role to discover your skills;
- Being surrounded by a group of bright, motivated people. We are a friendly, straightforward, and talented bunch that keeps it light-hearted;
- Opportunities for you to grow your technical competence and personal development.
It is likely that this role will involve both working in the office based in Belfast and working from home.