B-Secur is looking for a talented and driven Data Analyst to join its team and support the performance and data analysis of our next generation biometric technology development. This analysis directly inputs and enables our ongoing algorithm and system design technology.
The suitable person will either be in possession of or working towards a third level education in a relevant discipline, with a strong focus on analysis and a demonstrated ability to complete tasks quickly and without supervision. They will possess excellent inter-personal skills and be a self-starter.
We need an analyst that can, with direction, methodologically collect data, analyse performance results and form insights that will be presented back to the B-Secur development teams. Alongside this role, our data analyst would be expected to get involved in other aspects of the business and be an integral part of a rapidly growing biometric technology team.
The key responsibilities will be:
- Support data collection and analysis for biometric scientific research
- Develop test plans
- Independently organise and carry out data collections
- Maintain the organisation of testing databases
- Interpret results and extract relevant conclusions
- Write research reports for internal R&D and customer analysis
- Ongoing research into new areas of biometrics
- Communicate progress updates and findings to the wider team
There may be opportunities to attend conferences and events for data collection, technology demonstration and background learning.
The person must have:
- Strong analytical capability with good knowledge of statistical analysis
- Confidence in report writing, from developing hypotheses to analysing data and presenting conclusions
- High level of organisation – good time management skills, ability to organise testing and data efficiently
- Initiative - ability to work un-supervised, self-starter, committed to getting tasks completed
- Continuous improvement capabilities - ability and desire to learn, develop and improve your own work
- Excellent communication skills - clear, concise written and verbal communication with strong inter-personal skills
- Knowledge of Tools MATLAB and Python is desirable. Competent at using Excel for research and analysis
- A strong work ethic - tenacious and hard-working; a team player with a flexible attitude and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
- An interest, third level education or previous experience in or related to biometrics is desired
This is an exciting opportunity with plenty of scope over time for the right candidate to take on additional responsibilities across B-Secur.
The B-Secur team are based in Belfast. This role will be based in Belfast, however it may be necessary to visit other locations as well as work from home under current Covid restrictions.
What can B-Secur offer you?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing business as we further our mission to revolutionise the way people experience technology in the connected world, every day, by using their unique heartbeat.
As well as a competitive remuneration package with enhanced benefits, we offer:
- A fun, relaxed, and collaborative environment, working in a company built on honesty that has flexible hours;
- Joining a growing company that's evolving all the time, giving you the opportunity to test yourself and your role to discover your skills;
- Being surrounded by a group of bright, motivated people. We are a friendly, straightforward, and talented bunch that keeps it light-hearted;
- Opportunities for you to grow your technical competence and personal development.